The Campus Canopy was the student newspaper which began in 1934 at the Georgia State Womens College and continued at Valdosta State College in 1950. In 1970, the paper was renamed The Spectator, as it is known today. The index is continuously being worked on by student volunteers. Presently, the index has been updated to the early 1970s. New entries are added regularly. The Campus Canopy and a growing portion of The Spectator have now been digitized in full by our student workers. Browse the collection on Vtext. The student newspaper at Valdosta State is an excellent resource for Valdosta State University history.